时间节目地点参考资料日
Omotesando Hills Christmas 2010 with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS
.仓木麻衣官网[引用日期]
.Livedoor[引用日期]
.日本公信榜[引用日期]
.优酷[引用日期]
.腾讯网[引用日期]
.酷我音乐网[引用日期]
.Livedoor[引用日期]Tomorrow is Saturday.The Joes make a plan for the weekend.的海词问答与网友补充:
相关词典网站:the day after tomorrow中文是什么意思_百度知道
the day after tomorrow中文是什么意思
tomorrow是明天明天的下一天是后天the day after tomorrow即后天同样还有the day before yesterday前天
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
奉贤精锐英语师解答:
明天的后一天,自然是后天的意思啦
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see .
The Day After Tomorrow is a 2004 American
co-written, directed, and produced by
and starring , , , , and . The film depicts fictional catastrophic climatic effects, following the , in a series of
events that usher in
and leads to a new . The film was made in
and is the highest-grossing Hollywood film to be made in Canada (if adjusted for ).
Originally planned for release in the summer of 2003, The Day After Tomorrow premiered in
on May 17, 2004 and was released worldwide from May 26 to May 28 except in South Korea and Japan, where it was released June 4–5, respectively.
On an expedition in Antarctica,
Jack Hall and his colleagues Frank and Jason are drilling for ice-core samples on the
when the shelf breaks off. Later, Jack presents his findings on
conference in , but fails to convince diplomats or
Raymond Becker. However, Professor Terry Rapson of the Hedland Climate Research Centre in
believes in Jack's theories. Several buoys in the
simultaneously show a massive drop in the ocean temperature, and Rapson concludes that melting polar ice has started to disrupt the . He contacts Jack, whose
weather model shows how climate changes caused the first . His team, along with 's
Janet Tokada, builds a forecast model.
Across the world, violent weather causes mass destruction.
Blake authorizes the
to suspend all air traffic due to severe turbulence. At the
(ISS) three astronauts see a huge storm system spanning the northern hemisphere, which soon develops into three massive hurricane-like . The
of these storms hold temperatures of -150 °F (-101 °C), instantly freezing anything they come into contact with. The three cells are located over , , and .
The weather becomes increasingly , causing traffic-jammed
streets to become flooded knee-deep. Jack's son Sam, visiting
as he is participating in an academic decathlon, calls his father, promising to be on the next train home, but flooding closes the subways and . As the storm worsens, a massive storm surge generated by the freak superstorm hits Manhattan. Sam and his friends are forced to seek shelter with a large group of people in the , but not before his friend and love interest, Laura, gets injured.
Blake orders the evacuation of the southern states of the United States, causing almost all of the refugees to head to . Jack and his team set out for Manhattan to find his son. Their truck crashes into another vehicle just past , so the group continues on snowshoes. En route, Frank falls through the glass roof of a snow-covered shopping mall. As Jason and Jack try to pull him up, the glass under them continues cracking and Frank sacrifices himself by cutting the rope. Most of the group taking shelter in the library leaves when the water outside freezes, leaving just Sam and a few others. They burn books to stay alive and break into a vending machine for food. Laura appears to have a cold, so Sam comforts her and confesses his feelings for her, and they kiss. In Mexico, Becker learns that Blake's
was caught in the super storm and is sworn in as the new President.
The next morning, the Sam's group determines that Laura has
from the cut on her leg, so Sam and two others search for
in a derelict Russian cargo-ship that drifted inland. The eye of the Canadian super storm passes over New York City and the three barely return to the library with the medicine in time. Jack and an unconscious Jason, who are also in the eye, narrowly escape the super-freeze themselves by taking shelter in an abandoned
restaurant.
Upon reaching Manhattan, Jack and Jason discover the library buried in snow but find Sam's group alive. New York has become a ,
city, completely frozen by reaching -98 °F (-72 °C). They radio this to the government-in-exile in Mexico and President Becker orders helicopters flown into New York, finding more survivors. Becker orders search-and-rescue teams to look for other survivors as he gives his first address to the nation. The movie concludes with the
looking down at Earth from the Space Station, showing most of the northern hemisphere covered in ice and snow, with one of the astronauts stating, "Look at that....Have you ever seen the air so clear?"
as Sam Hall
as Professor Jack Hall
as Laura Chapman
as Professor Terry Rapson
as Dr. Lucy Hall
as Vorsteen
as Brian Parks
as Jason Evans
as Frank Harris
as Janet Tokada
as President Blake
as Vice President/President Raymond Becker
as Tom Gomez
This section needs additional citations for . Please help
by . Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2015)
The film was inspired by , a book co-authored by
talk radio host
and . Strieber also wrote the film's novelization. The book "The Sixth Winter" written by Douglas Orgill and
and published in 1979, follows a similar theme. So does the novel Ice!, by , published in 1978. Shortly before and during the release of the film, members of environmental and political advocacy groups distributed pamphlets to moviegoers describing what they believed to be the possible effects of global warming. Although the film depicts some effects of global warming predicted by scientists, such as rising sea levels, more destructive storms, and disruption of ocean currents and weather patterns, it depicts these events happening much more rapidly and severely than is considered scientifically plausible, and the theory that a "superstorm" will create rapid worldwide climate change does not appear in the scientific literature. When the film was playing in theaters, much criticism was directed at U.S. politicians concerning their rejection of the
and climate change. The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol.
Over its four-day
opening, the film grossed $85,807,341; however, it still ranked #2 for the weekend, behind 's $95,578,365 four-day tally. However, The Day After Tomorrow led the per-theater average chart with a four-day average of $25,053, compared to Shrek 2's four-day average of $22,633. At the end of its box office run, the film grossed $186,740,799 domestically and $544,272,402 worldwide. It is the second-highest opening weekend not at #1 (later beaten by
in June 2015)
The film did well at the box office, grossing $544,272,402 internationally. It is the sixth-highest grossing film not to be #1 in the United States (behind ,
and its , , and ). However worldwide, it is third behind only
The Day After Tomorrow generated mixed reviews from critics, who praised its visual effects, but criticized its writing and scientific inaccuracies. The online entertainment guide
rated the film at 45%, with an average rating of 5.3/10. The site's general consensus states that it was "A ludicrous popcorn flick filled with clunky dialogues, but spectacular visuals save it from being a total disaster."
of the , praised the film's special effects, giving the film three stars out of four. Environmental activist and
called The Day After Tomorrow "a great movie and lousy science."
editorial by , who until 2007 was a Research Professor of
and who rejects the scientific evidence for , Michaels called the film "propaganda", noting, "As a scientist, I bristle when lies dressed up as 'science' are used to influence political discourse." In a Space Daily editorial by Joseph Gutheinz, a college instructor and retired NASA Office of Inspector General, Senior Special Agent, Gutheinz called the film "a cheap thrill ride, which many weak-minded people will jump on and stay on for the rest of their lives."
Paleoclimatologist William Hyde of
was asked on
whether he woul he responded that he would not unless someone were to offer him $100. Other readers of the newsgroup , and (despite Hyde's protests) . Hyde's
criticized the film's portrayal of weather phenomena that stopped at national borders, and finished by saying that it was "to climate science as
surgery", as quoted in .
However, Stefan Rahmstorf of the , expert for thermohaline ocean circulation and its effects on climate, was impressed how the script writer Jeffrey Nachmanoff was well informed about the science and politics of global climate change after the talk with him at the preview of the film in Berlin. He stated: "Clearly this is a disaster movie and not a scientific documentary, the film makers have taken a lot of artistic license. But the film presents an opportunity to explain that some of the basic background is right: humans are indeed increasingly changing the climate and this is quite a dangerous experiment, including some risk of abrupt and unforeseen changes. ... Luckily it is extremely unlikely that we will see major ocean circulation changes in the next couple of decades (I’d be just as surprised as Jack Hall if they did occur); at least most scientists think this will only become a more serious risk towards the end of the century. And the consequences would certainly not be as dramatic as the ‘super-storm’ depicted in the movie. Nevertheless, a major change in ocean circulation is a risk with serious and partly unpredictable consequences, which we should avoid. And even without events like ocean circulation changes, climate change is serious enough to demand decisive action."
Movies listed The Day After Tomorrow as one of Top 10 Scientifically Inaccurate Movies. The film was criticized for depicting several different
phenomena occurring over the course of hours, instead of the possible time frame of several decades or centuries.
In 2015 the Washington Post in a piece titled "We’re closer to a ‘Day After Tomorrow’ ice age than we thought" reported on a paper which used "an advanced climate model at Germany’s Max-Planck Institute to simulate both conditions of global warming and conditions of an AMOC collapse" and noting that the cited "climate study published in Nature Scientific Reports indicates that we were naive to feel safe from “ The Day After Tomorrow ”-esque realities" given the study's results of temperature drops of up to 20 degrees Fahrenheit in large regions amidst a still-warming globe, and given that "current warming patterns not only indicate that a collapse of the AMOC is possible, but also that resulting consequences would resemble ' The Day After Tomorrow ,' though not to the same extremes."
, Neil Corbould, Greg Strause and Remo Balcells
Best Visual Effects
Best Single Visual Effect
"The destruction of "
Best Breakthrough Performance
Best International Actor
Best Action Film
Best Music
Best Sound Editing - Effects & Foley
, Larry Kemp, Glenn T. Morgan, Alan Rankin, Michael Kamper, Ann Scibelli, Randy Kelley, Harry Cohen, Bob Beher and Craig S. Jaeger
This section may lend
to certain ideas, incidents, or controversies. Please help to create a more balanced presentation. Discuss and
this issue before removing this message. (December 2015)
There was some controversy regarding the casting of
as the Vice-President of the United States due to his striking physical resemblance to then Vice-President .
later confirmed that he deliberately chose Welsh for that very reason. Emmerich stated that the characters of the President and Vice-President in the film were intended to be a not-so-subtle criticism of the . The White House did not respond to requests for comment on the film.
In response to accusations of insensitivity by including scenes of
being devastated less than three years after the , Emmerich claims that it was necessary to depict the event as a means to showcase the increased unity people now have when facing a disaster, because of 9/11.
A number of scientists were critical of the scientific aspects of the film:
and professor of Earth and planetary sciences at , expressed both support and concern about the film, stating that "On the one hand, I'm glad that there's a big-budget movie about something as critical as climate change. On the other, I'm concerned that people will see these over-the-top effects and think the whole thing is a joke... We are indeed experimenting with the Earth in a way that hasn't been done for millions of years. But you're not going to see another
– at least not like that."
, a research meteorologist at the
expressed similar sentiments, stating that "I'm heartened that there's a movie addressing real climate issues. But as for the science of the movie, I'd give it a D minus or an F. And I'd be concerned if the movie was made to advance a political agenda."
, a climatologist at the
said, "It's
of climate science movies, but I'm not losing any sleep over a new ice age, because it's impossible."
This section needs additional citations for . Please help
by . Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2015)
The Day After Tomorrow was first released on
in North America on October 12, 2004, in both
versions. A 2-disc "collector's edition" containing production featurettes, two documentaries (a "behind-the-scenes" and another called "The Forces of Destiny"),
and concept sketches was released on May 24, 2005.
The film was released in
in North America on October 2, 2007, and in the United Kingdom on April 28, 2008, in full
with a lossless
track but with few bonus features.
The film made $110 million in DVD sales, bringing its total film gross to $652,771,772.
Historical events
storm that occurred on March 12–13, 1993, on the East Coast of North America
Books and literature
, a book on which the movie is based
novel in which greenhouse warming sim the rate of cooling is somewhat less exaggerated
, a non-fiction book
, a novel by
about a second
, a 1962 book by
about the beginning of a new ice age
, a 1998 film with a similar premise starring , , and
Television
"", an episode of
in which Earth is rapidly heating
miniseries
"", an episode of
that parodies the film
. . . Retrieved April 16, 2011.
; . . (Interview).
. . . Retrieved April 16, 2011.
Monbiot, George. (May 14, 2004). . Guardian.co.uk. Retrieved April 16, 2011.
Patrick J. Michaels. . <. Retrieved April 16, 2011.
Richard Gutheinz Jr., Joseph (May 27, 2004). . <. Retrieved April 16, 2011.
. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
(July 28, 2008). Retrieved March 11, 2015.
. < (May 13, 2004). Retrieved April 16, 2011
Bowles, Scott (May 26, 2004). . <. Retrieved January 12, 2009.
Gilchrist, Todd (May 2004). . < 2009.
Robert Epstein, Daniel. . < 2009.
Chau, Thomas (May 27, 2004). . Cinema Confidential 2009.
. Lee'sMovieInfo.net. Retrieved April 16, 2011.
. . . Retrieved July 11, 2012.
Wikiquote has quotations related to:
: Hidden categories:的海词问答和网友补充:
相关词典网站:}

我要回帖

更多关于 day after tomorrow 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信