Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 25 Feb, 2015
Buy Homeworld Remastered Collection
Buy Homeworld Remastered Collection Deluxe Edition
Includes 3 items:
Downloadable Content For This Game
Recent updates
o Note: All prior in-game saves are no longer valid.
Campaign progre you just have to restart any missions you are currently on.
o Entire game rebalanced.
(Singleplayer and MP!)
o Formations have been completely rewritten to better support HW1 formations
o Formations will break on combat into combat groups based on the ships that are part of the formation.
This is to more closely emulate HW1 and to make sure that ships perform as optimally as you would expect.
o Formations have a unit cap depending on the ships and formation used.
This is to ensure formations are as effective in combat as possible and so that the game performs at a reasonable speed.
o All ships have been rebalanced to work with formations
o All ships have had a pass to improve flight dynamics and engagement behaviors.
o Weapons will now use ballistics when set to do so.
(Many ships are set to this by default now.)
o Tactics have been split into &Rules of Engagement& and &Stances& to better emulate HW1 and HW2 gameplay at the same time.
(Hot keys updated accordingly.)
Rules of Engagement:
o Offensive. Ships will attack all enemy ships that enter range.
o Defensive. Ships will retaliate against attackers of allies and themselves.
o Passive. Ships will not retaliate, even when fired upon.
Stances:
o Aggressive. Aggressive strike craft receive bonuses to weapon damage but penalties to speed. Aggressive ships will fight at closer ranges and will fight and stay in formation during combat.
o Evasive. Evasive strike craft receive bonuses to speed, acceleration, and take reduced damage. Evasive ships will break formation as soon as they enter combat and attempt to dodge incoming fire. Evasive strike craft fight at longer range. This stance is intended as a delaying or harassing action.
o Neutral. Normal power shunting, ships receive no bonuses or penalties. (Default)
o Ships will now automatically try and fly away from large ships that are about to explode.
(Splash damage is much more meaningful now.)
o Ship Dock Holds and UnitCaps have been reworked to account for HW1 and HW2 ships being traded/salcapped and to allow a more flexible system for modders.
o 2p_Shields start locations tweaked for more balanced gameplay.
o 4p_ironcurtain, 4p_lostfalls start locations fixed to not cause rush protection damage
o 5p_treeoflife, 8p_hyerspacearena, 8p_scattered, 6p_radialsymmetry
– RU locations and amounts better balanced
o Swarmers now refuel much more effectively.
o Waypoints can now be closed, creating a patrol loop. Ships can leave their patrol to attack enemy units encountered while on patrol and return to the patrol based on their Rule of Engagement or even ignore enemies altogether.
o HW2 Mission 2 – Elite Bombers are granted correctly now.
o Lagging is much less likely to cause a desync now.
o General MP game desyncs are much much rarer now.
o Drones no longer count as ships when calculating relic value
o Relic game mode balance/behaviors tweaked.
o New Magnetic field used for Tai_DefenseFighter, Tai_FieldFrigate
o Carriers Only game mode rebalanced
o Races can now have race specific formation variations.
o Various research requirements tweaked to better balance game.
o Dockpaths for Capital Ships, Motherships reworked to be quicker/more efficient.
o The salvage capture command can now be issued to multiple targets.
o Salvage capture corvettes will now stop chasing a target if it becomes obscured by fog of war.
o Added a selection modifier to select all ships not in any strike group.
(Mapped to the &-& key by default).
o Fixed various drone frigate issues including some targetting issues, removing command &response& audio from drones, an issue with CPU players spamming activation, and drones sometimes not being properly destroyed.
o Cleaned up some issues with changing targets when the kamikaze command is running.
o Fixed a possible crash when cancelling a waypoint move command with no waypoints set, then issuing a move command.
o Fixed some docking issues with ships carrying back large salvage chunks (and fixed an issue with Homeworld 1 resource collectors not being able to return salvage to carriers).
o Ships running a capture or salvage capture command will break out of it if the target hyperspaces.
o Hyperspace inhibitor and defense fields will now stay active if salvage capture corvettes are latched on, but they aren't at the &returning with capture& stage.
o Fixed an issue where the Homeworld 1 scout speed boost could stay on permanently.
o The magnetic field is no longer visible through fog of war.
o Fixed the GravWell Generator so the hyperspace command is more reliably disabled when the gravity well is active.
o UI is now contextually aware of what the ships are doing. The Move Icon highlights when the ship is executing a Move Order, cooldowns are represented on the icon, and available formations/active formation highlights.
o Formations are now represented as single icons in UI.
(Option to use previous flat view is in the options.)
o Launch menu performance optimized.
(Also uses grouped icons.
Same option to use flat view affects this as well.)
o Marine Frigate capture button is now properly displayed.
o Timer moved over to allow for better layout of subtitles and other items.
o Subtitles are forced on in tutorials.
This fixes a lot of odd issues with tutorial progression we were seeing.
o Chat screens cleaned up to layout and display “Left the game” messages better.
o Game saved text is displayed when a game is quick saved now.
o Cursor is more contextually aware of the player’s commands
o Stances/Rules of Engagement icons changed to match TO icons and to be more consistent in general
o Invalid save games are not displayed to user or are greyed out depending on reason.
o Population Cap screen optimized
o MP Lobby views now auto-refresh, unless disabled.
o Fixed an issue where chat messages sent to CPU players would be sent to the host of the game.
Visual/Rendering
o Dust clouds, veins, and Nebula are much easier to see.
o Various ships have had visual tweaks to improve appearance. (Geometry, texture, animations)
o Sensors screen visual fidelity updated.
(Rounder shapes, clearer tactical dots).
Red tactical docs are now scalable in options screen for really high rez monitors.
o Game will no longer crash on load when primary screen is in portrait mode.
o Lens flares: fixed to be occluded as intended by designers.
o Engine Glow/Burn/Trail visuals improved slightly and performance optimized.
o Merged all Goblins into ship meshes to improve performance. (Goblins no longer supported)
o Command Line: Added -fakeFullscreen option. Allows use of a fullscreen window that does not capture the device.
Use this option at your own risk as it is not officially supported.
o Command Line: Added -facetCount=XX option. Draws screen in vertical slices to prevent distortion, 'bends' the view.
Can allow for 360 degree rendering, etc.
o Fixed a few mismatched portrait icons.
o M02 sun and flare now align correctly.
o EZ13 mission performance greatly improved.
o Game will try and use a discrete GPU rather than integrated GPU when available. This applies to Windows Vista and Windows 7 only. Windows 8 and Windows 10 users are advised to ensure a profile exists in the vendor's control panel to ensure optimal performance.
o OpenGL initialization improved to compensate for legacy overlay rendering performed by 3rd party software. While 3rd party overlays are not officially supported, overlays should no longer cause inappropriate translucency ordering or difficulty streaming.
o Added DOK badge.
o Capture/Latch points refined.
o Various Localization fixes.
o Executable load time improved by removing most DLLs.
o Removed DirectX 9 dependency check on startup.
o Russian save games now work properly.
o Keybindings in Russian and other languages are now consistent with English.
o Handfull of new keybindings/adjustments. See keybindings menu for details.
o Plus key bound to selecting ships not in a Formation.
o NumPad now works correctly.
o Removed necessity to sign up for SHiFT to play MP.
o Selections using mouse input should feel a lot better in general.
o Improved level load times.
o Added Scenario system to allow saving and playing back of starting fleet arrangements.
(-loadScenario/-saveScenario)
o Added dropdown menu control.
o Buttons now have the ability to have different behaviors based on if the alt/shift/ctrl keys are being held down.
Tooltips react to inform players of changed functionality.
o Ship turrets are instanced, allowing the base game assets to be easily modded via the new mod patching system that allows base assets to be nondestructively altered.
o .HOD format has been updated.
HODOR/RODOH updates to come in the near future.
o Ship performance and behaviors can now be modified depending on what stance they are in. Formations also share these modifiers and can stack on top. Bullet speed, firing rates, weapon damage are just some of the things that can be changed. A formation of Laser Corvettes can turn incrementally slower as more ships are added to the formation or accelerate faster as the formation gets smaller due to losses.
o New flight maneuver abilities allow for more intuitive behavior-
for instance it is now possible for fighters to slow down during their attack run to maximize time on target and speed up when coming back around.
This behavior feeds into the ballistics system-ships caught going slower during a strafing run are easier to hit.
The original, Homeworld 2 classic requirement for a ship to be mine-laying capable before it will consider firing at missiles/torpedoes/mines has been removed. Additionally, all missiles/torpedoes/mines have been separated from the generic attack class “projectile” to provide ease-of-use for mod authors wishing to create ballistic anti-missile/torpedo defense systems.
About This Game
The Homeworld Remastered Collection includes:
Homeworld Remastered Edition
Homeworld 2 Remastered Edition
Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer
As a bonus, you will also receive free access to:
Homeworld Classic
Homeworld 2 Classic
Experience the epic space strategy games that redefined the RTS genre. Control your fleet and build an armada across more than 30 single-player missions. Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each strategic situation. Utilize advanced research to construct ships ranging from light fighters to huge carriers and everything in between.
The Homeworld games have been painstakingly re-mastered with key members of the original development team and taking critical influence and assistance from the passionate fan community. The Homeworld Remastered Collection introduces Relic's acclaimed space strategy games Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to modern players and operating systems using the newest sophisticated graphics rendering technology, plus a fully remastered score and new, high fidelity voice recordings by the original actors.
As a free bonus, this collection also includes original, non-remastered versions of Homeworld Classic and Homeworld 2 Classic, preserving the purest form of the original releases with compatibility for modern operating systems.
Homeworld Remastered Collection also provides access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer. The competitive multiplayer modes for both Homeworld and Homeworld 2 have been combined into one centralized mode that will allow you access to content (races, maps and game modes) and improvements, features and technology from both games, allowing you to play unlimited competitive multiplayer space battles on an epic scale.
Build and battle with more than 100 space ships
Updated high-res textures and models
New graphical effects
Support for HD, UHD, and 4K resolutions
New audio mix using original source effects and music
Cinematic scenes recreated in beautiful high fidelity by original artists
Mod support and mod tools
Bonus archival versions of Homeworld Classic and Homeworld 2 classic, preserving the purest form of the original releases with compatibility for modern operating systems
o Access to Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer: play Homeworld races against Homeworld 2 races with up to eight players on 23 maps, plus brand new game modes
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 2.2GHz Dual Core Processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (512MB) / ATI Radeon HDMB)
Storage: 20 GB available space
Additional Notes: * Game engine uses OpenGL3.3 It is important that you get the latest drivers for your video card to ensure compatibility with this product.
Recommended:
Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core Processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB VRAM)
Additional Notes: * Game engine uses OpenGL3.3 It is important that you get the latest drivers for your video card to ensure compatibility with this product.
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2 Cores) 2.2 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon MB) / nVidia 640M (512MB) / Intel HD 4000
Additional Notes: Homeworld Remastered Collection for Mac is a Mac-Mac multiplayer experience.
Cross-platform compatibility is not supported at this time.
The following GPU sets are not supported: ATI RADEON X1000 series, HD 2000 series, HD 4670, HD 6490, HD 6630, NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, GT 100 series, 300M series, Intel Integrated GMA series, HD 3000
(C) 2016 Battlestar, LLC. Published and distributed by Gearbox Software. Homeworld, Gearbox & the Gearbox Software logos are registered trademarks, and the Homeworld logo is a trademark, all used courtesy of Gearbox Software, LLC.
Relic is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Very Positive
(95 reviews)
Very Positive
(4,169 reviews)
Even a good number ot the orginal mods are getting remade for this. I loved this game and they did a FANTASTIC job bringing it back to me! Thanks Gearbox!
More patches... more problems
Made it to the second mission before I was bored to tears. Not impressed with graphics or gameplay. Its just bland.
Homeworld Remastered was released in February of 2015. In spite of being a Homeworld fan, I decided to
and I was glad that I did. While the game was not short of impressing people for its new visual enhancements + the merging of both games units and assets for a unified game, the developers neglected some very important details on the game that we all love. The formations in Homeworld Remastered were screwed up. In the Original Homeworld, people remember the fact that formations assigned to groups of units actually impacted their ability to effectively and efficiently dispose enemies. As explained in details by one of the reviewers: that whole aspect was stripped away as a different method for damage calculation was done on ship to ship combat. The problem was, individual ships didn't feel individual anymore, the formations did not chew up hostile ships like t and that right there frusterated me, which believe it or not: deterred me from buying this game. It was only over a year after in the fine month of June 2016, that the game developers decided to release a patch which RESTORED this crucial gameplay aspect. The formations are back and are effective again! The only complaint is you can't make larger formations (large spheres would be nice). Two hours into the game, I have been satisfied with my conclusion that the game is now fixed, and the good old mechanics have returned! Coupled with the new visuals, multiplayer support, mod support and Homeworld 1 and 2 I would say this is a rather spectacular title that is worth grabbing. The 2.0 patch really did it a good number, and even though I have my doubts about G I am honestly surprised. If you like Space RTS games with 3-dimensional movement, formations, tacti I highly recommend this game. Originally made by R Homeworld was and still is a one of a kind RTS game to me. Pros:+Unit formations work.+Content merge of HW1 and HW2 for interesting battles.+Very nice visuals.+Multiplayer support.+Mod support.+Modern OS support.+Everything that made Homeworld great. Cons:-There is no way to save custom paint schemes, preview for ships allows no rotation for viewing models.Overall: This game is worth it now, kudos to a company for listening to its critics and fixing something, rather than ignoring them altogether. There may be hope for gaming.
Absolutely amazing game.
It might not be completely &competitively viable,& but if you're looking for an awe inspiring storyline and incredible atmosphere, Homeworld is for you.
And then you'll be dissapointed when you play Homeworld 2, but hey, what are you gonna do.With the new patch fixing formations and rebalancing the multiplayer, Homeworld has never been better.
Get this game now!
With the 2.0 Patch, the game now looks great and plays great! This is my favourite RTS game now, and I've stopped playing other games (Starcraft 2 etc.) just to play this.
An excellent remake of the original Homeworld games. Looks fantastic, and thanks to the new update, it plays how it should.
Right now I'm contemplating buying the sound tracks for The Homeworld Remastered series (16$) or buy The Watch Dogs Complete Edition (15$).I think I am going to buy the sound tracks.
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, but I'll be honest - loading up the first Homeworld, getting told to put your ships in formation, and then have that formation mean absolutely nothing in terms of gameplay initially irritated me and eventually put me off on playing the game.Mind you, everything else was pretty much top-notch. Art, sound, visuals - all there. Most of the gameplay still there, too.Anyway, Gearbox have made it clear that this is a labor of love. They have been promising for a while now that a huge &mega-patch& was coming that fixes a whole lot of stuff, including adding in proper formations (which required them to rewrite the entire movement code) - and that patch has landed. I've never been more happy with a game. They released a 5.2GB patch! Insane.Highly recommended to old fans such as myself or new-comers who want to fall in love with an entire universe. Between playing The Witcher 3 and this, I think I'll be spoiled plot and universe-wise for a while to come.
Currently i have been unable to get the game to launch successfully on my gaming rig it cant load homeworlds 1 or 2 at all and when i load the remastered versions it makes it to the menu and then crashes when i try to load into a match of any kind. Mods are really want kept this game alive, its story was good for its time but the platform the game brought for modders was great. But most the mods that are &finished& are still only for the orginal versions, which unfortunatly for me will not load at all. So i cant even enjoy those, and i have tried everything i cant think of to get it to launch from forums and the like to game launch settings. This problem with it failing to load seems to be limited to my newest gaming computer and my laptop. Only computer in the house is a 12 your old machine that barely runs and grinds down to a crawl when it tries to play the game on the lowest settings. When they figure out a way to get the game to launch reliably, also not crash on a loading screen, patch it, and when some of the old mods have been brought up to the remastered version it will be well worth the purchase but not before. Buyer beware the game might not work on your newer rigs reliably.
They remastered the remaster with update 2.0 addin formations, stances and ballisticslooks good ? SeemsGoodsounds good ? SeemsGoodplays good ? SeemsGoodmust be homeworld 2.0 SeemsGoodchangelogas of writing - downside to this update is that a lot of mods will be incompatible but newer modding tools have been released so once modders catch up it will be worth the wait ) star wars n stuffsolid 3d rts
You are looking at this because you've played HW, here it is, enjoy updated graphics and the ability to play multiplayer with any existing race.
This is classic for me.
This is a very well done RM of the Homeworld Series.
The only problem was with HW1 which didn't have formations working correctly due to the game engine.
That has just been fixed today!I will definately be buying their new game Deserts of Kharak!
Love this game just alot of glitches and bugs. I cant play remastered though.
A shining example of how to do a remaster. The latest patch is just amazing work from Gearbox
Thumbs up for continued support from the devs!
At first, I was not pleased with this game. It was very buggy and frustrating, with numerous other issues like HUGE pathing problems, stupid ai and automation problems (Several harvesters waiting to get to a single asteroid to harvest when they're surrounded by unnoccupied other ones). However, the largest problems lay in the fact that &Homeworld 1 remastered& was essentially just homeworld 2 with homeworld 1 ships, because a lot of mechanics which gave the original tactical depth had to be removed so it could fit into homeworld 2's engine. This meant that the whole collection was a buggy, broken, imbalanced shadow of the originals.But then the June 7th update happened This update (in my experience so far) fixed everything that was wrong. It has fixed formations, ballistics, tactics, pathing (mostly), targeting priorities, balance, and all general bugs (that i've experienced so far).I can now safely say that:
Both campaigns offer an amazing narrative experience, complete with incredible music and visuals.Both campaigns provide a great challenge, as does the AI in singleplayer modeEasy to use and pick up basic mechanics, with complex ones to pick up laterTrademark 3d movement and map are very well implementedIncludes the 2 original games, fixed to run properly on modern OSs and hardware Maps allow for potentially hundreds of small fights at once which can be really intense as larger strategies take shape Gorgeous visuals and sound, which all run very well Multiplayer supports up to 8 players I think, which can lead to some titanic fights.Overall a great experience and a very solid recommendation after the update. 8.5/10
If you had asked me to review this Remastered version of Homeworld back when it released.
I wouldn't have rated it very positively.
The big problem I had with the game then was that the Homeworld 1 assets and campaign were superimposed on the mechanics and engine of the 2nd game.
Unfortunately Homeworld 2 changed the way fighters were built and controlled from the first game.
This creates a game-breaking problem in the Homeworld 1 campaign (which is worth playing on the original release).The latest 2.0 update to Homeworld: Remastered has largely fixed those issues.
Fighter formations and behaviors for Homeworld 1 fighters have returned which is crucial to success in the campaign.
I have yet to try this in Multiplayer to see how this affects balance.
That being said, I'm very happy with the update Gearbox has made to this game with regards to the single player campaign and I look very much forward to completing it again in the remastered edition.
Formations!!! Ballistic!!! For real this time!!! (the moment I saw units moves in formations and friendly fire on HW2 ships, I almost lost my ????)
Now it improves upon every espect of the original games while keeping most of the original gameplay mechanics intact. Now they should rename it Homeworld Remastered Definitive Edition. Kudos to the developers who keep on improving the game.
At first, I was not pleased with this game. It was very buggy and frustrating, with numerous other issues like HUGE pathing problems, stupid ai and automation problems (Several harvesters waiting to get to a single asteroid to harvest when they're surrounded by unnoccupied other ones). However, the largest problems lay in the fact that &Homeworld 1 remastered& was essentially just homeworld 2 with homeworld 1 ships, because a lot of mechanics which gave the original tactical depth had to be removed so it could fit into homeworld 2's engine. This meant that the whole collection was a buggy, broken, imbalanced shadow of the originals.But then the June 7th update happened This update (in my experience so far) fixed everything that was wrong. It has fixed formations, ballistics, tactics, pathing (mostly), targeting priorities, balance, and all general bugs (that i've experienced so far).I can now safely say that:
Both campaigns offer an amazing narrative experience, complete with incredible music and visuals.Both campaigns provide a great challenge, as does the AI in singleplayer modeEasy to use and pick up basic mechanics, with complex ones to pick up laterTrademark 3d movement and map are very well implementedIncludes the 2 original games, fixed to run properly on modern OSs and hardware Maps allow for potentially hundreds of small fights at once which can be really intense as larger strategies take shape Gorgeous visuals and sound, which all run very well Multiplayer supports up to 8 players I think, which can lead to some titanic fights.Overall a great experience and a very solid recommendation after the update. 8.5/10
Was this review helpful?
This game has without a doubt one of the most memorable narratives you will experience. The atmosphere and rich background lore are expertly crafted to draw you in to a completely immersive and engaging journey. Homeworld is a game you simply have to experience in your life.
Was this review helpful?
Thumbs up for continued support from the devs!
Was this review helpful?
A shining example of how to do a remaster. The latest patch is just amazing work from Gearbox
Was this review helpful?
Oh god, I love this game. Not only does this game have the benefit of the nostalgia that I so deeply cherish, it also has the benefit of a kickass developer pulling the reigns. Gearbox are just good people, they took a well known and beloved classic and wanted to make another game in the series, but before they did that they decided to remaster the original games from the ground up, while preserving the original feel and design to the game.To add to that, they also just optimised the original games, leaving the memories completely intact.It also doesn't hurt that this game is just, ????ing, beautiful. I just have eye ??????s whenever I play, it's fantastic.(To enable Theatre mode: Press escape twice, press backspace four times, more games need this feature.)I can't recommend this game enough, if you are looking for an intense Space RTS experience that kicks you in the balls during the story and in gameplay, then this is for you.Please, for the love of all things RTS and classic, buy this game, show big companies that a faithful remaster is all what the fans are looking for, teach AAA developers to do more things like this, to not ???? on beloved franchises just for the sake of a money grab, to be good people.Buy this game, you won't regret it.
Was this review helpful?
Formations!!! Ballistic!!! For real this time!!! (the moment I saw units moves in formations and friendly fire on HW2 ships, I almost lost my ????)
Now it improves upon every espect of the original games while keeping most of the original gameplay mechanics intact. Now they should rename it Homeworld Remastered Definitive Edition. Kudos to the developers who keep on improving the game.
Was this review helpful?
Mega patch incoming 7th June, bring Sajuuk to bear!+ Formations+ Weapon Ballistics (RNG system)+ Improved Ship Behavior (targeting, movement, scattering from AOE / explosions)+ Strikecraft Tactics (aggressive, evasive and neutral stances)+ Field of View options, support widescreen / multi-monitor setups+ Bugfixes+ Graphics tweaks+ Unit Balancing+ Modding tools
Was this review helpful?
The best game ever, remade!!!!Can spend hours playing this...The only criticism is that there is not a lot of people online to play against, but hey, just go for Player v CPU!If you like a cerebral game, this is for you!
Was this review helpful?
Fun, old sci-fi strategy games in space that got a pretty good &facelift&. Includes Homeworld and Homeworld 2, both in classic and remastered versions, that work on modern systems.It's not easy game at first and it will take you some trial and error to complete the campaign. All ships have their strengths and weaknesses, some are better at dealing damage yet can't take much damage themselves, others are faster and more agile so they can overwhelm the larger ships if they have the numbers. Ships have either a projectile attack, missiles or energy weapon attacks. Some may have combination of all three like few of the larger capital ships.There are many different starships in game that are divided into fighters, corvettes, frigates and capital ships. Some ships you will use for specific tasks, not just attacking but repairing, gather resources, cloaking allies, capturing enemy ships, disabling them, shielding allies from damage and much more.In battle, ships can miss their shots, so 10 on 10 fighter battle can have different outcome depending on how lucky your shots are. And in large battles it's all about tactics and knowing your enemy weaknesses. Apart from solo campaign there's skirmish and multiplayer for some custom matches with friends.Homeworld 2 bring all that was great in Homeworld and adds more enemies, ships, modification modules, new research options for ships as well as new campaign. It's hard to review a &bundle& of sorts, because it's 4 games in one package, even though they are similar, the remastered versions have a lot of new features as well as improved visuals and game user interface.[Tutorial lady]: If you liked this review, click OK to continue.[ OK ];8)
Was this review helpful?
Homeworld Remastered was released in February of 2015. In spite of being a Homeworld fan, I decided to
and I was glad that I did. While the game was not short of impressing people for its new visual enhancements + the merging of both games units and assets for a unified game, the developers neglected some very important details on the game that we all love. The formations in Homeworld Remastered were screwed up. In the Original Homeworld, people remember the fact that formations assigned to groups of units actually impacted their ability to effectively and efficiently dispose enemies. As explained in details by one of the reviewers: that whole aspect was stripped away as a different method for damage calculation was done on ship to ship combat. The problem was, individual ships didn't feel individual anymore, the formations did not chew up hostile ships like t and that right there frusterated me, which believe it or not: deterred me from buying this game. It was only over a year after in the fine month of June 2016, that the game developers decided to release a patch which RESTORED this crucial gameplay aspect. The formations are back and are effective again! The only complaint is you can't make larger formations (large spheres would be nice). Two hours into the game, I have been satisfied with my conclusion that the game is now fixed, and the good old mechanics have returned! Coupled with the new visuals, multiplayer support, mod support and Homeworld 1 and 2 I would say this is a rather spectacular title that is worth grabbing. The 2.0 patch really did it a good number, and even though I have my doubts about G I am honestly surprised. If you like Space RTS games with 3-dimensional movement, formations, tacti I highly recommend this game. Originally made by R Homeworld was and still is a one of a kind RTS game to me. Pros:+Unit formations work.+Content merge of HW1 and HW2 for interesting battles.+Very nice visuals.+Multiplayer support.+Mod support.+Modern OS support.+Everything that made Homeworld great. Cons:-There is no way to save custom paint schemes, preview for ships allows no rotation for viewing models.Overall: This game is worth it now, kudos to a company for listening to its critics and fixing something, rather than ignoring them altogether. There may be hope for gaming.
Was this review helpful?
Absolutely amazing game.
It might not be completely &competitively viable,& but if you're looking for an awe inspiring storyline and incredible atmosphere, Homeworld is for you.
And then you'll be dissapointed when you play Homeworld 2, but hey, what are you gonna do.With the new patch fixing formations and rebalancing the multiplayer, Homeworld has never been better.
Get this game now!
Was this review helpful?
very stimulating to the mind. you have to think a lot but has a very good story. Triple thumbs up.
Was this review helpful?
Homeworld, nothing more needs to be said...
Was this review helpful?
I am fan of classic HW2 and I still have the original box of the game from my childhood. And i think Remastered collection is totally great tribute for this legend. Enhanced and extended cutscenes are very pleasing and all aditions are in spirit of HW classics. Such a beautiful reminder of old times. &tear in eye&Thank you, Gearbox.
Was this review helpful?
I really love this game. Its worth it! :D And all the DLC you can think of as well. They are going to do another Remaster version as well.. Can't WAIT FOR it. :D
Was this review helpful?
Patch 2.0 is making a great game even better.Highly recommended!
Was this review helpful?
If you had asked me to review this Remastered version of Homeworld back when it released.
I wouldn't have rated it very positively.
The big problem I had with the game then was that the Homeworld 1 assets and campaign were superimposed on the mechanics and engine of the 2nd game.
Unfortunately Homeworld 2 changed the way fighters were built and controlled from the first game.
This creates a game-breaking problem in the Homeworld 1 campaign (which is worth playing on the original release).The latest 2.0 update to Homeworld: Remastered has largely fixed those issues.
Fighter formations and behaviors for Homeworld 1 fighters have returned which is crucial to success in the campaign.
I have yet to try this in Multiplayer to see how this affects balance.
That being said, I'm very happy with the update Gearbox has made to this game with regards to the single player campaign and I look very much forward to completing it again in the remastered edition.
Was this review helpful?
With the 2.0 Patch, the game now looks great and plays great! This is my favourite RTS game now, and I've stopped playing other games (Starcraft 2 etc.) just to play this.
Was this review helpful?
Was this review helpful?
Great fan of the original Homeworld and Homeworld 2 games so the remake to modern platforms is much apriciated. The game has a great storry and unique gameplay. However I to feel the mixing of HW1 and HW2 units in multiplayer ruins the game's balance.There could also be some more achivement included.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website}

我要回帖

更多关于 头文字d battle stage 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信